Many quotes stick. Some of the greatest minds lived thousands of years ago, and Aristotle is no exception: “Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.” A 2000-year-old quote still holds true today; happiness is the ultimate goal of humanity. A contentment with one’s self, a willingness and excitement to get out of bed, and living a life that you love are characteristics of a happy individual. Has it been elusive to you? Try not to deceive yourself by believing that you’ll be happy after you find the “right one”, after you have the nice house, after you have the degree, after you can afford that car, after you move to a new destination, after you can finally afford that vacation. Happiness must come from the inside; your thoughts, emotions, and actions are really the only thing in life that you have control over. Here are a few tips and quotes to help you live a happier life:
- Practice gratitude.
Realize how blessed your life is. Chances are, if you are reading this, you have a roof over your head at night, a place to sleep, access to clean drinking water, and food on your plate. Many people in this world have none of those. If you have an excess, try to give back and share with others.
Try and smile whenever you can. Even if you have to force it, smiling can release much-needed endorphins.
Try to exercise more. Exercise can release much needed feel-good hormones into the bloodstream. Try group sports to help build new friendships and relationships!
- Eat Healthy
Try to incorporate more real food into your diet, and limit the soda, processed sugar, and processed foods.
- Spend Time Outside
increase your levels of healthy hormones by spending more time outside or in the sun. Sunlight and nature are proven remedies to feeling blue.
- Spend Time with Friends
Spend more time with your loved ones, your relatives, and your friends. Relationships and friendships with people you love are incredibly important. For people on their death beds, the #1 regret is almost always “I didn’t spend enough time with the people I love.”
Quotes about Happiness
Here are some quotes to help inspire a happy day within you.
- “Happiness is a state of mind. It’s just according to the way you look at things.” – Walt Disney
- “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.” – Anne Frank
- “Happiness is not a goal… it’s a by-product of a life well-lived.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The best way to cheer yourself is to try to cheer someone else up.” – Mark Twain
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” – Aristotle
- “A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness.” – Albert Einstein
- “Every day is a new day, and you’ll never be able to find happiness if you don’t move on.” – Carrie Underwood
- “Happiness consists more in small convenience or pleasures that occur every day, than in great pieces of good fortune that happen but seldom to a man in the course of his life.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Do not set aside your happiness. Do not wait to be happy in the future. The best time to be happy is always now.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “The thing everyone should realize is that they key to happiness is being happy by yourself and for yourself.” – Ellen DeGeneres
- “Others may know pleasure, but pleasure is not happiness. It has no more importance than a shadow following a man.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Need Help Paying for Your Medication?
We are here to lend a helping hand. At the Rx Helper, we believe that you don’t need to sacrifice your financial stability just to pay for your medication; for uninsured and under-insured Americans, prescription medication can end up costing a fortune without proper coverage. We ease this burden by enrolling patients in Prescription Assistance Programs, which are programs that dramatically reduce the cost of prescription medications for uninsured, under-insured, and low-to-moderate income Americans. If you need help paying for your prescription medication, give us a call at 877-767-3297 today.